Strand’s UroSeq® Hereditary DNA Repair Gene Panel
UroSeq Hereditary DNA Repair Gene Panel is a highly specific test developed for urologists with prostate cancer patients in mind. UroSeq includes BRCA1, BRCA2, ATM, CHEK2, HOXB13, PALB2 and RAD51D and the Lynch Syndrome genes MLH1, MSH2, MSH6, PMS2, and EPCAM and is performed in accordance with 2019 cancer guidelines on the prostate cancer patient’s germline DNA already collected with the know error® system at the time of the biopsy procedure. Cancer guidelines recommend that physicians test their prostate cancer patients for germline mutations in BRCA and several other genes.
Those who should be test are:
- Patients diagnosed with regional or metastatic disease
- Patients diagnosed with a Gleason score 8, 9 or 10
- Patients diagnosed with a Gleason score of 6 or 7 and either
- A strong family history of prostate cancer (defined as: brother or father or multiple family members who were diagnosed with prostate cancer at less than 60 years of age or who died from prostate cancer), OR
- Ashkenazi Jewish ancestry, OR
- Three (3) cancers on same side of family (especially those diagnosed ≤50 years of age diagnosed with bile duct, breast, colorectal, endometrial, gastric, kidney, melanoma, ovarian, pancreatic, prostate, small bowel, or urethral cancer)
Know Error makes ordering the UroSeq Hereditary DNA Repair Gene Panel convenient and easy, there is no need for an additional or special patient visit or biopsy kit. Strand uses buccal swabs already collected with the know error® system to obtain germline DNA samples sufficient to run its UroSeq Hereditary DNA Repair Gene Panel test and provides an easy to understand report of the panel results.
UroSeq panel report
When ordering UroSeq or other genomic test panels through Strand, we will send a report concisely showing only the gene information provided as part of the ordered panel.
If a patient tests positive for a germline mutation in any of the genes in Strand’s UroSeq Hereditary DNA Repair Gene Panel, Strand takes the following actions:
1) Strand Client Service treats a positive finding as very serious, and thus sends both an email to the practice and calls the practice to convey the message LIVE (no voice mails).
2) Strand Client Service sends to the practice a suggested written communique intended for the patient advising him to seek genetic counseling (from Strand, or from anywhere the patient deems worthy).
3) Strand Client Service stands ready to receive a call from the patient for scheduling a free consult with a genetic counselor. (To schedule a consultation, the patient calls Strand Client Service at 1-888-924-6779 x119 M-F 8am – 5pm ET)
4) Strand’s Medical Affairs personnel are notified and stands ready to consult with the treating physician and/or navigator as to what the positive findings mean. (To schedule a consultation, the physician calls Strand Client Service at 1-888-924-6779 x119 M-F 8am – 5pm ET).
5) If the patient does speak with a genetic counselor arranged by Strand, notes are subsequently sent to the treating physician or his/her administrator documenting that conversation as well as the recommendations provided to the patient.
UroSeq testing platform is highly sensitive and specific
- Reports are tailored to urologists
- Genetic counseling is provided for patients at no charge
- We are compliant with MolDx/CMS requirements to verify the source and purity of genomic test results
If you would like additional information about Strand’s UroSeq® Hereditary DNA Repair Gene Panel please call Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. ET at 1-888-924-6779 and select option 2 to speak with a client services representative or email our client services department and include your question(s) in the message.